Selected amongst the first 20 smart cities in the country, Ahmedabad is becoming a top real estate location in the country. After recovering from demonetisation and GST implementation and thanks to RERA, the city saw a 10% rise in sales of homes in this year. Ahmedabad has benefitted from a number of infrastructure and developmental projects like the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor, but the city has more to offer than just being the automobile hub of the country.
From enjoying mouth-watering street food at Manek Chowk and buying your favourite sarees at Sindhi Market to enjoying a walk in the Victoria Garden, Ahmedabad has something for everyone. When you’re looking out for a residential property in Ahmedabad, here are a few things that will help you make a smart choice.
- Apartment configuration: When buying an apartment, you have multiple configurations to select from. With the prices in Ahmedabad being more affordable than certain other cities in India, you can choose to go in for a larger configuration and a 1 BHK does not have to be the norm. Today, real estate developers are giving you compelling options to choose from. For example, Godrej Garden City provides you with the choice of 2 and 3 BHK apartments nestled in a locality that promises comfort and luxury.
- Property location: This is probably the first thing you want to check when looking for a new house. Make sure you’re your workplace, your kid’ school, colleges, a hospital or two, malls, grocery stores, gardens and places of worship are there in close vicinity. You do not necessarily have to go in for the most central location in the city. If you feel that you have found an area that has scope for future infrastructure developments, then check out properties there as well. Sometimes you may prefer to avoid the hustle and bustle of city life and prefer something calmer and quieter. Find a location that meets your needs and personality. Currently, Gota, Chandkheda, Nava Naroda, Bopal, and Motera are some of the top places to buy flats in Ahmedabad.
- Transport connectivity: The next thing you want to look out for is good connectivity. It is better to spend more on a better location than spend hours every day trying to find your way home. The award-winning Ahmedabad Bus Rapid Transit System connects this large city, so spend some time looking up the route maps to see if you have these buses plying by your prospective house. The under-construction Ahmedabad Metro will aid in smooth and quick connectivity. Residents of Nava Naroda, for example, will definitely benefit from this project.
- Real estate developer: Do check the track record of the developer whose property you are interested in. Applewood Estates, Savvy Infrastructures and Godrej Properties are some of the reputed builders you will find in this city. Having a good builder ensures that you get quality fittings, world-class amenities, good property maintenance and above all, homes that will stand the test of time. For instance, the above-mentioned Godrej Garden City is designed to be a self-sufficient township. It has its own retail space and is proposed to be surrounded by schools, hospitals, malls and more.
- Rental rates: Finally, there also is the possibility that you are investing in the property not for your own personal use, but to earn via rent. If that is the case, do check on local rental prices. Buying a flat in a peaceful, secluded locality may not fetch you the same income as does a flat on a busy business street. Investing in an apartment in Chandkheda will be a good idea as this locality caters to working professionals and will have many potential clients.
With these features is mind, you are one step closer to purchasing your property in Ahmedabad. Make your purchase easier by availing of home loans by Bajaj Finserv Homes and Loans. With loans up to Rs.10 crore, flexible tenor and minimal documentation, you stand to benefit from stress-free home finance solutions. No charges on part-prepayment and foreclosure, easy balance transfer facility and assistance for selecting the right home are a few of the amazing advantages you get when you choose Bajaj Housing Finance Limited.